According to the World Health Organisation, more than 300 million people of all ages experience depression. And it’s women that are said to be most affected.
However, it’s a topic that is usually not spoken about. Let alone understood.
During our conversation, Cassie and I chat about post partum depression and the misconception of what it’s like to be a mother. We dive deep in to inadequacy, feeling not good enough, and what it’s like to lose yourself as a woman and a mother.
We talk about how disconnection with self and poor health can be contributing factors to depression and how fulfilment comes from finding your joy and recognising that your purpose is not hiding from you.
There were so many incredible insights in this interview including:
- the realisation that the strength of a woman is not based on how much she does, it’s how much she surrenders to
- leaving a lasting legacy for our children
- how being a mother doesn’t mean you need to lose your identity
- listening to our inner knowing
- taking a hiatus from social media
- giving ourselves permission to bring more ease in to our lives
Cassie is a Life Coach for Women Entrepreneurs. Self-worth and business mindset are totally her jam as well as living a life that beats so fiercely with your heart and passion that you feel like you are part of the cosmos in the most electric way!
She has been featured in a variety of publications including the Huffington Post, Whole Hearted Woman and We Are Lady Alpha the Podcast.
Please share your comments below or tag a friend you feel may need to hear this.
Big love xx